Total Knee Replacement in Delhi | Dr. Kunal Aneja
Total Knee Replacement in Delhi | Dr. Kunal Aneja
Are you experiencing debilitating knee pain that significantly affects your mobility and overall quality of life in Delhi? If so, Total knee replacement in Delhi may be the ideal solution you’ve been searching for. When it comes to joint replacement surgery in the region, there is one name that consistently stands out – Dr. Kunal Aneja. As a highly accomplished orthopedic surgeon, Dr. Aneja possesses triple board certification and extensive fellowship training in joint replacement and sports medicine. His specialized expertise lies in the field of Total knee replacement in Delhi, with a particular emphasis on employing advanced techniques such as robotic/navigation joint replacement and arthroscopy keyhole surgeries. Dr. Aneja is deeply committed to assisting his patients in reclaiming an active and pain-free lifestyle. In this article, we will explore the intricacies of total knee replacement, its myriad benefits, and why Dr. Kunal Aneja is widely regarded as the foremost expert in this field in Delhi.
What is Total Knee Replacement?
Total Knee Replacement, also known as total knee arthroplasty, is a surgical procedure that involves the replacement of the damaged or worn-out knee joint with an artificial implant. It is primarily performed to alleviate severe knee pain and restore functionality in individuals with advanced arthritis or significant knee joint damage.
The procedure begins with the surgeon making an incision over the knee joint. The damaged portions of the knee joint, including the ends of the thigh bone (femur) and shin bone (tibia), are then removed. These surfaces are carefully reshaped to accommodate the artificial implant components.
The artificial implant, consisting of metal alloys, high-grade plastics, and polymers, is securely fixed to the prepared bone surfaces using specialized surgical techniques. The
implant replicates the natural movement and function of the knee joint, enabling smoother and pain-free mobility.
Total Knee Replacement is a highly effective procedure that can provide long-lasting relief from chronic knee pain and improve the overall quality of life for individuals suffering from debilitating knee conditions.
What Are the Common Causes of Knee Degeneration Leading to Total Knee Replacement?
Common Causes of Knee Degeneration Leading to Total Knee Replacement:
- Osteoarthritis: Osteoarthritis is the most prevalent cause of knee degeneration leading to total knee replacement. It occurs when the protective cartilage within the knee joint gradually wears away, resulting in joint inflammation, pain, and stiffness.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disorder where the body’s immune system mistakenly attacks the synovial membrane, causing chronic inflammation in the knee joint. Over time, this inflammation leads to cartilage damage and joint degeneration.
- Post-Traumatic Arthritis: Knee injuries, such as fractures or ligament tears, can increase the risk of developing post-traumatic arthritis. The damage to the knee joint’s structure and alignment can accelerate the breakdown of cartilage, leading to degeneration.
- Knee Fractures: Severe fractures that involve the knee joint can disrupt the joint surface and impair its proper function. This disruption can contribute to accelerated cartilage wear and subsequent knee degeneration.
- Knee Instability: Conditions that cause knee instability, such as ligamentous injuries or repeated dislocations, can lead to abnormal stress on the joint. This increased stress can contribute to cartilage damage and the development of knee degeneration.
Who Needs Total Knee Replacement?
Total Knee Replacement is typically recommended for individuals who experience severe knee pain and functional limitations due to various conditions, including:
- Osteoarthritis: When the protective cartilage in the knee joint wears away, it can result in bone-on-bone friction, causing significant pain and stiffness.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: A chronic autoimmune condition that causes inflammation and damage to the knee joint, leading to pain, swelling, and reduced mobility.
- Post-Traumatic Arthritis: Occurs following a severe knee injury or fracture, which can lead to long-term joint damage and arthritis.
- Knee Deformities: Certain congenital conditions or previous injuries can cause deformities in the knee joint, leading to pain and functional impairment.
- Ligament Tears: Severe tears in the knee ligaments, such as the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL), may require total knee replacement if conservative treatments are ineffective.
- Failed Previous Knee Surgeries: In cases where previous knee surgeries have not provided adequate relief or resulted in complications, total knee replacement may be considered as a viable solution.
It is crucial to consult with an orthopedic specialist who can assess your condition and determine if Total Knee Replacement is the appropriate treatment option for you.
How Does Total Knee Replacement Work?
Total Knee Replacement is a surgical procedure that involves several steps to restore the function and alleviate pain in a damaged knee joint:
- Incision: The surgeon makes an incision over the knee to access the joint.
- Reshaping: The damaged surfaces of the thigh bone (femur) and shin bone (tibia) are carefully removed and shaped to accommodate the artificial components.
- Implant Placement: The artificial implant, consisting of metal alloys and high-quality plastics, is securely fixed to the prepared bone surfaces using bone cement or specialized techniques that promote bone ingrowth.
- Patellar Resurfacing: If necessary, the undersurface of the kneecap (patella) may be resurfaced with a plastic component to improve its movement and reduce friction.
- Closure: The incision is closed with sutures or staples, and a sterile dressing is applied.
To compare the effectiveness of total knee replacement (TKR) with non-surgical treatments, let’s consider the following factors: pain relief, functional improvement, long-term outcomes, and patient satisfaction.
Is Total Knee Replacement More Effective Than Non-Surgical Treatments?
Post-surgery, a comprehensive rehabilitation program is essential to aid recovery, regain strength and mobility, and ensure optimal outcomes. The artificial knee joint allows for improved function, reduced pain, and enhanced quality of life for individuals who undergo Total Knee Replacement.
Total Knee Replacement
Significant and long-lasting pain relief, especially for advanced osteoarthritis cases.
Varied pain relief based on the severity of the condition. May not provide complete relief for advanced cases.
Restores joint function, improves mobility, and enables a more active lifestyle.
Limited improvement in function and mobility, depending on the specific non-surgical treatment.
Generally offers durable and long-lasting results, with the potential for improved quality of life.
Results may vary, and long-term outcomes may not be as favorable as TKR.
High levels of patient satisfaction were reported due to significant pain reduction and restored mobility.
Patient satisfaction may vary, and some individuals may not achieve the desired level of pain relief or functional improvement.
Overall, while non-surgical treatments can provide relief and functional improvement to a certain extent, total knee replacement surgery is often more effective, particularly for advanced cases of osteoarthritis. TKR offers substantial and long-lasting pain relief, improved joint function, and a higher likelihood of achieving satisfactory long-term outcomes and patient satisfaction.
What Are the Benefits of Total Knee Replacement?
Total Knee Replacement offers numerous benefits for individuals suffering from severe knee pain and functional limitations. Here are some key advantages:
- Pain Relief: Total Knee Replacement effectively alleviates chronic knee pain, allowing individuals to experience significant pain reduction and improved comfort during daily activities.
- Increased Mobility: By replacing the damaged joint surfaces with an artificial implant, Total Knee Replacement restores mobility and range of motion, enabling individuals to perform activities that were once difficult or impossible.
- Improved Functionality: Total Knee Replacement enhances the overall functionality of the knee joint, making movements smoother and more natural. This improvement enables individuals to perform tasks such as walking, climbing stairs, and getting up from a seated position with greater ease
- Enhanced Quality of Life: Reduced pain, increased mobility, and improved functionality contribute to an improved quality of life. Individuals can engage in social activities, pursue hobbies, and enjoy a more active and fulfilling lifestyle.
- Long-Term Durability: Modern implants used in Total Knee Replacement are designed to be durable and long-lasting, providing individuals with many years of pain-free movement.
- Psychological Benefits: The relief from chronic pain and the restoration of mobility can have positive effects on mental well-being, boosting self-confidence and overall emotional health.
It is essential to consult with an orthopedic specialist to determine if Total Knee Replacement is suitable for your specific condition and to understand the potential benefits and risks associated with the procedure.
How Long Does the Recovery Process Take?
The recovery process after Total Knee Replacement is a gradual and individualized journey. While each patient’s recovery timeline may vary, here is a general overview of what to expect:
- Hospital Stay: After surgery, patients typically stay in the hospital for a few days under the close monitoring of medical professionals. Dr. Kunal Aneja, a renowned orthopedic surgeon in Delhi, ensures that his patients receive comprehensive post-operative care during this crucial period.
- Rehabilitation: Soon after the surgery, patients begin a structured rehabilitation program, which includes exercises to improve strength, flexibility, and mobility, Physical therapists, under the guidance of Dr. Aneja, play a crucial role in guiding patients through the rehabilitation process.
- Walking with Assistance: Initially, patients may require the use of a walker or crutches to aid in walking and maintaining balance. Gradually, as strength and stability improve, patients transition to using a cane and eventually walking unassisted.
Return to Daily Activities: Most patients can expect to resume light daily activities within a few weeks after surgery. However, it may take several months to fully regain strength, endurance, and range of motion.
Full Recovery: The complete recovery period varies but can take up to six months or longer. Dr. Kunal Aneja closely monitors his patients’ progress and provides personalized guidance throughout the recovery process, ensuring optimal outcomes.
It’s important for patients to follow the post-operative instructions provided by Dr. Kunal Aneja and actively participate in rehabilitation to achieve a successful recovery and regain maximum function in the replaced knee joint.
Are There Any Risks or Complications?
Like any surgical procedure, Total Knee Replacement carries certain risks and potential complications. However, it’s essential to note that these risks are generally low, and the majority of patients experience successful outcomes. Dr. Kunal Aneja, an esteemed orthopedic surgeon in Delhi, takes utmost care to minimize these risks and ensure patient safety.
Some potential risks and complications associated with Total Knee Replacement include:
- Infection: There is a small risk of developing an infection at the surgical site or in the artificial joint. Dr. Aneja follows strict sterilization protocols and prescribes antibiotics to minimize the risk of infection.
- Blood Clots: Blood clots in the legs (deep vein thrombosis) or lungs (pulmonary embolism) are potential complications. Medications, compression stockings, and early mobilization are employed to reduce the risk of blood clots.
- Implant Issues: In rare cases, the artificial knee joint may experience wear, loosening, or dislocation over time. Dr. Aneja utilizes high-quality implants and advanced surgical techniques to minimize such risks.
- Nerve or Blood Vessel Damage: Although rare, there is a slight risk of injury to nerves or blood vessels surrounding the knee during surgery. Dr. Aneja extensive expertise and precision techniques help mitigate these risks.
- Pain or Stiffness: Some patients may experience persistent pain, stiffness, or limited range of motion following surgery. Rehabilitation and physical therapy, guided by Dr. Aneja, help address and manage these issues.
It’s important to have a detailed discussion with Dr. Kunal Aneja before undergoing Total Knee Replacement to fully understand the risks, benefits, and potential complications associated with the procedure.
Is Total Knee Replacement a Permanent Solution?
Total Knee Replacement is considered a long-term solution for individuals suffering from severe knee pain and functional limitations. While the artificial knee joint is designed to be durable and provide lasting relief, it is important to note that it may not last a lifetime, especially in younger patients or individuals with higher activity levels.
The longevity of a total knee replacement can vary depending on factors such as the patient’s age, activity level, overall health, and adherence to post-operative care. On average, modern implants can last for 15 to 20 years or more.
In cases where the artificial joint wears out or develops complications, a revision surgery may be necessary to replace or repair the components. Dr. Kunal Aneja, an experienced orthopedic surgeon specializing in Total Knee Replacement, can provide personalized guidance and monitoring to maximize the lifespan of the implant.
While Total Knee Replacement offers significant and long-lasting pain relief, it is important for patients to maintain a healthy lifestyle, follow appropriate post-operative care, and consult with their orthopedic surgeon regularly to ensure the best possible outcomes over the long term.
How to Prepare for Total Knee Replacement Surgery?
Preparing for Total Knee Replacement Surgery involves several important steps to ensure a smooth and successful procedure. Dr. Kunal Aneja, a highly regarded orthopedic surgeon in Delhi, provides comprehensive guidance to his patients to help them prepare effectively:
- Medical Evaluation: Dr. Aneja will conduct a thorough medical evaluation to assess your overall health and identify any underlying conditions that may affect the surgery or recovery process.
- Preoperative Education: You will receive detailed information about the procedure, including what to expect before, during, and after surgery. This education helps alleviate anxiety and prepares you for the journey ahead.
- Medications: Dr. Aneja will review your current medications and provide instructions on which medications to continue or temporarily discontinue before the surgery.
- Physical Conditioning: Engaging in exercises recommended by Dr. Aneja or a physical therapist can help strengthen the muscles surrounding the knee, optimize the range of motion, and improve overall physical fitness.
- Lifestyle Adjustments: Making necessary modifications to your living environment, such as installing handrails or arranging for assistance with daily activities, can ensure a safe and comfortable recovery at home.
- Support System: It is beneficial to have a strong support system in place, including family members or friends who can assist you during the recovery period.
By following Dr. Aneja guidance and adequately preparing for Total Knee Replacement Surgery, you can enhance the chances of a successful procedure and a smooth recovery process.
What Happens During the Total Knee Replacement Surgery?
During Total Knee Replacement Surgery, Dr. Kunal Aneja follows a systematic approach to replace the damaged knee joint with an artificial implant, ensuring optimal outcomes. Here are the key steps involved in the procedure:
- Anesthesia: Before the surgery begins, anesthesia is administered to ensure the patient’s comfort throughout the procedure. Dr. Aneja will discuss the appropriate anesthesia options with you beforehand.
- Incision: Dr. Aneja makes an incision over the knee, providing access to the knee joint.
- Bone Preparation: The damaged bone surfaces, including the femur (thigh bone) and tibia (shin bone), are carefully prepared. This involves removing the damaged cartilage and reshaping the bone to fit the artificial implant.
- Implant Placement: Specialized surgical instruments are used to accurately position and secure the artificial implant components. These components may include metal alloys, high-grade plastics, and polymers.
- Patellar Resurfacing (if needed): If required, the undersurface of the kneecap (patella) may be resurfaced with a plastic component to enhance its movement and reduce friction.
- Closure: Once the implant is securely in place, Dr. Aneja closes the incision with sutures or staples and applies a sterile dressing.
Throughout the procedure, Dr. Aneja ensures meticulous attention to detail, utilizing advanced techniques to optimize the alignment, stability, and function of the artificial knee joint. The surgery typically lasts a few hours, and you will be closely monitored by the surgical team to ensure your safety and well-being.
What to Expect After Total Knee Replacement Surgery?
After Total Knee Replacement Surgery, a period of recovery and rehabilitation follows. Here’s what you can expect during this crucial phase:
- Hospital Stay: You will typically stay in the hospital for a few days to monitor your progress and manage pain. Dr. Kunal Aneja and the medical team will provide post-operative care and guidance during your stay.
- Pain Management: You may experience pain and discomfort initially, but medication and other pain management techniques will be employed to ensure your comfort.
- Physical Therapy: Rehabilitation will commence soon after surgery, focusing on exercises to improve strength, flexibility, and mobility. A physical therapist, guided by Dr. Aneja, will work with you to regain knee function.
- Assistive Devices: Initially, you may require a walker or crutches for support while walking. As you progress, you will transition to a cane and eventually regain the ability to walk unassisted.
- Follow-up Visits: Dr. Aneja will schedule follow-up visits to monitor your healing progress, assess your range of motion, and address any concerns or questions you may have.
Recovery timelines can vary, but most individuals can resume light daily activities within a few weeks. Full recovery and optimal knee function may take several months of consistent rehabilitation and adherence to Dr. Aneja instructions.
Role of Rehabilitation and Physical Therapy in Total Knee Replacement Recovery:
- Pain Management: Rehabilitation and physical therapy after total knee replacement surgery play a crucial role in managing pain. Therapists use various techniques such as manual therapy, ice therapy, and transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS) to reduce pain and inflammation in the knee joint.
- Restoring Range of Motion: Physical therapy focuses on gradually restoring the range of motion in the knee joint. Therapists employ exercises and stretch to improve flexibility and prevent stiffness, helping patients regain their ability to bend and straighten the knee fully.
- Strengthening Muscles: Physical therapy includes exercises that target the muscles surrounding the knee joint. Strengthening these muscles, such as the quadriceps and hamstrings, helps provide better support to the joint, improving stability and overall function.
- Gait Training: After total knee replacement, patients may need assistance in relearning how to walk properly. Physical therapists guide patients through gait training exercises, helping them regain a normal walking pattern, and ensuring weight distribution and proper alignment.
- Balance and Coordination: Total knee replacement surgery can temporarily affect a person’s balance and coordination. Rehabilitation includes specific exercises that focus on improving balance and coordination, reducing the risk of falls, and enhancing overall mobility.
- Education and Home Exercise Program: Physical therapists educate patients on self-management techniques and provide a home exercise program. This empowers patients to continue their rehabilitation independently, ensuring long-term success and minimizing the risk of complications.
Rehabilitation and physical therapy are essential components of total knee replacement recovery. They help reduce pain, restore range of motion, strengthen muscles, improve gait, enhance balance, and promote overall functional recovery. Following the guidance of experienced physical therapists, such as those at Dr. Kunal Aneja’s practice, ensures a successful rehabilitation process and optimal outcomes after total knee replacement surgery.
Why Choose Dr. Kunal Aneja for Total Knee Replacement in Delhi?
Choosing Dr. Kunal Aneja for Total Knee Replacement in Delhi provides numerous advantages and ensures the highest quality of care. Here are compelling reasons to consider Dr. Aneja as your orthopedic surgeon:
- Expertise and Specialization: Dr. Aneja is a triple board-certified and fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon with a focus on joint replacement and sports medicine. His extensive training and specialization in Total Knee Replacement make him an expert in the field.
- Advanced Techniques: Dr. Aneja is proficient in utilizing advanced techniques such as robotic/navigation joint replacement and arthroscopy keyhole surgeries. These innovative approaches enhance precision, accuracy, and patient outcomes.
- Holistic Approach: Dr. Aneja holistic approach emphasizes personalized care and comprehensive treatment plans. He takes into account individual patient needs, lifestyles, and goals to provide tailored solutions.
- International Experience and Training: Dr. Aneja has received training at renowned centers of excellence worldwide, including Australia, the UK, Malaysia, Indonesia, Hungary, and India. This exposure to diverse medical environments enhances his knowledge and expertise.
- Positive Patient Feedback: Patients speak highly of Dr. Aneja expertise, compassionate care, and successful outcomes. Their testimonials reflect the trust and satisfaction they have in his services.
- Extensive Research and Recognition: Dr. Aneja contributions to orthopedics are recognized through memberships, fellowships, scholarships, and awards from prestigious international organizations and scientific journals.
By choosing Dr. Kunal Aneja for Total Knee Replacement in Delhi, you can have confidence in receiving expert care, personalized treatment, and the best possible results for your knee health and overall well-being.
What Sets Dr. Kunal Aneja Apart from Other Surgeons?
Dr. Kunal Aneja stands out from other surgeons in the field due to several distinguishing factors that highlight his expertise and commitment to patient care:
- Specialization and Expertise: Dr. Aneja specialization in joint replacement and sports medicine, with a specific focus on Total Knee Replacement, sets him apart. His extensive training and experience in these areas make him a trusted authority in his field.
- Advanced Techniques and Technology: Dr. Aneja is skilled in employing advanced techniques, including robotic/navigation joint replacement and arthroscopy keyhole surgeries. By staying at the forefront of technological advancements, he offers patients access to the latest and most effective treatments.
- Holistic Approach: Dr. Aneja takes a holistic approach to patient care, considering not only the surgical procedure but also the individual’s overall well-being. He emphasizes personalized treatment plans, rehabilitation, and comprehensive care to ensure optimal outcomes and patient satisfaction.
- International Exposure and Training: Dr. Aneja training at renowned centers of excellence worldwide reflects his dedication to continuous learning and staying updated with the latest advancements in the field. This international exposure enhances his expertise and brings a global perspective to his practice.
- Positive Patient Feedback: Dr. Aneja patients consistently express high levels of satisfaction with his care and outcomes. Their testimonials serve as a testament to his skill, compassion, and ability to deliver successful results.
Overall, Dr. Kunal Aneja’s specialization, use of advanced techniques, holistic approach, international training, and positive patient feedback distinguish him as a leading orthopedic surgeon in the field of Total Knee Replacement.
How Does Dr. Kunal Aneja Approach Total Knee Replacement in Delhi?
Dr. Kunal Aneja approaches Total Knee Replacement in Delhi with a patient-centered and comprehensive approach, focusing on personalized care and optimal outcomes. Here’s an overview of his approach:
- Thorough Evaluation: Dr. Aneja begins by conducting a detailed evaluation of each patient, including a comprehensive assessment of their medical history, lifestyle, and specific knee condition. This evaluation enables him to develop an individualized treatment plan.
- Open Communication: Dr. Aneja believes in open and honest communication with his patients. He takes the time to listen to their concerns, answer questions, and ensure they have a clear understanding of the procedure, expected outcomes, and potential risks.
- Tailored Treatment Plans: Understanding that each patient is unique, Dr. Aneja creates personalized treatment plans that consider the patient’s specific needs, goals, and lifestyle. This individualized approach ensures that patients receive the most appropriate and effective care.
- Advanced Surgical Techniques: Dr. Aneja utilizes advanced surgical techniques, including robotic/navigation joint replacement and arthroscopy keyhole surgeries, to enhance precision, accuracy, and patient outcomes. These techniques enable him to achieve optimal implant positioning and alignment.
- Comprehensive Rehabilitation: Dr. Aneja recognizes the importance of post-operative rehabilitation in achieving successful outcomes. He incorporates a comprehensive rehabilitation program, including physical therapy and personalized exercise plans, to help patients regain strength, mobility, and function.
- Ongoing Monitoring and Care: Dr. Aneja provides continued monitoring and follow-up care to ensure patients’ progress and address any concerns or issues that may arise during the recovery period. He is committed to supporting his patients throughout their entire Total Knee Replacement journey
Dr. Kunal Aneja’s approach to Total Knee Replacement combines expertise, personalized care, advanced techniques, and comprehensive rehabilitation, aiming to deliver the best possible outcomes and improve patients’ quality of life.
Does Dr. Kunal Aneja Provide Minimally Invasive Approaches to Total Knee Replacement?
Yes, Dr. Kunal Aneja provides minimally invasive approaches to total knee replacement. Minimally invasive total knee replacement is a surgical technique that involves smaller incisions and less disruption to surrounding tissues compared to traditional open surgery. This approach offers several potential benefits, including reduced pain, faster recovery, and minimal scarring.
During minimally invasive total knee replacement, Dr. Kunal Aneja utilizes specialized instruments and advanced surgical techniques to access the knee joint with smaller incisions. The procedure may involve the use of specialized surgical instruments, computer navigation, or robotics to assist with precise implant placement.
The smaller incisions used in minimally invasive total knee replacement result in less trauma to the surrounding muscles and tissues. This can lead to less post-operative pain, reduced blood loss, and a quicker return to normal activities for patients.
Dr. Kunal Aneja is experienced in performing minimally invasive total knee replacement surgeries, allowing his patients to benefit from these advancements in surgical techniques. By offering minimally invasive approaches, Dr. Aneja strives to provide his patients with the most effective and least invasive treatment options for total knee replacement in Delhi.
How Does Dr. Kunal Aneja Offer Personalized Care and Rehabilitation?
Dr. Kunal Aneja is committed to providing personalized care and rehabilitation to his patients undergoing Total Knee Replacement. He understands that each individual’s needs and goals are unique, and tailors treatment plans accordingly. Here’s how Dr. Aneja offers personalized care and rehabilitation:
- Comprehensive Evaluation: Dr. Aneja conducts a thorough evaluation of the patient’s medical history, physical condition, and lifestyle to gain a holistic understanding of their specific needs.
- Customized Treatment Plans: Based on the evaluation, Dr. Aneja develops personalized treatment plans that address the patient’s specific concerns, goals, and underlying conditions. This may involve variations in surgical techniques, implant selection, and rehabilitation protocols.
- Rehabilitation Program: Dr. Aneja emphasizes the importance of a structured and individualized rehabilitation program. He works closely with skilled physical therapists to design tailored exercise regimens and monitor the progress of each patient throughout the recovery process.
- Ongoing Support: Dr. Aneja and his team provide ongoing support and guidance to patients during their rehabilitation journey. They offer education, instructions, and resources to ensure proper self-care, pain management, and optimal recovery.
- Continuity of Care: Dr. Aneja maintains open communication with his patients even after the surgery and rehabilitation process. He ensures follow-up appointments to monitor progress, address any concerns, and make necessary adjustments to the treatment plan.
Dr. Kunal Aneja’s commitment to personalized care and rehabilitation enables him to provide individualized attention and support to his patients, promoting successful outcomes and a smooth recovery experience.
When it comes to total knee replacement in Delhi, Dr. Kunal Aneja stands out as a trusted and highly skilled orthopedic surgeon. His commitment to holistic patient care and extensive experience in joint replacement and sports medicine makes him the go-to expert in the field. With a focus on personalized treatment plans and advanced surgical techniques, Dr. Aneja ensures that his patients receive the highest quality care throughout their total knee replacement journey. If you’re seeking relief from knee pain and a chance to regain your mobility, consult Dr. Kunal Aneja and take the first step toward a life of movement and vitality.
Total knee replacement surgery typically takes around 1 to 2 hours, depending on various factors such as the complexity of the case and the surgeon’s expertise. The duration may vary, but rest assured, our skilled orthopedic surgeon, Dr. Kunal Aneja, will prioritize your safety and ensure meticulous attention to detail during the procedure.
Total knee replacement can benefit individuals of various age groups, but it is commonly recommended for individuals who have advanced osteoarthritis or significant knee joint damage that limits their mobility and quality of life. Dr. Kunal Aneja evaluates each patient’s condition and medical history to determine if total knee replacement is the most appropriate solution for their unique circumstances.
The primary goal of total knee replacement is to restore your mobility and independence. While you may require assistance, such as a walker or crutches, during the initial stages of recovery, most patients gradually regain their ability to walk without assistance within a few weeks or months following surgery. Dr. Kunal Aneja and his dedicated team will provide you with a personalized rehabilitation plan to optimize your recovery and help you regain your mobility.
To ensure a smooth recovery after total knee replacement surgery, it’s crucial to follow your surgeon’s and physical therapist’s instructions carefully. This includes attending rehabilitation sessions, performing prescribed exercises, managing pain with medication as directed, maintaining a healthy diet, and keeping the incision area clean and protected. By adhering to these guidelines and staying proactive in your recovery, you can optimize your healing process and achieve the best possible outcome.
While it’s essential to stay active and engage in physical activities post-surgery, resuming sports activities after total knee replacement surgery may vary based on several factors. Dr. Kunal Aneja will assess your progress, evaluate your specific case, and provide guidance on when it is safe to gradually reintroduce sports activities. It’s crucial to prioritize your long-term joint health and follow the recommended guidelines to ensure a successful recovery and minimize the risk of complications.